Monday, June 30, 2008

Back to my old man ways

Yeah, that's right. I've managed to hurt myself again. Normally, I would play some sport or another and the next day I would feel like I was 90 and I couldn't move around in bed. Of course, that wouldn't stop me from asking everyone if they wanted to play ultimate that day.

But this time, I don't know what I've done. My left knee is a bit swollen and feels tight whenever I bend it. I don't know how I did this either. It felt fine two weeks ago until last Sunday (the Cub sweeping the Sox weekend, not the most recent one where the Sox returned the favor) when I was tossing the frisbee around the backyard with my brother, my sister and her friend. I could feel a few twinges, but it didn't feel like anything serious. Next thing I knew, my knee was swollen and I couldn't bend it without pain. I had no lift in my legs and no burst (if you will) when I tried to jump. How do I know this? Well, I tried to play basketball on it. Not the greatest decision I've ever had, but it didn't feel too bad and I played with a brace. Then I went out and played two games of softball the next day.

It was feeling better this morning, but after 18 holes of golf (I shot a solid 99 which isn't bad after a two year layoff) and two hours of basketball, it hurts like hell. I guess I deserve that one though.

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a wonderful week thus far and that their 4th plans are both fun and safe. Peace up, A-town down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home