Sunday, July 23, 2006

It won't be too long

Since I really have nothing to add except more painting stories, here's one of my favorite excerpts from Now I Can Die In Peace.

"Fantastic exchange as (Tim) McCarver praises Matsui's bloop double for the fourth time in the past 12 minutes.

McCarver [narrating yet another replay]: ...That's an extraordinary job of hitting by Hideki Matsui.

(Al) Leiter [after a beat]: Or just really lucky.

McCarver: Fuck you, Al! Fuck you! Don't pull that shit with me again!
(Actually, McCarver said, "You know what, I think it's more than luck, he hit the ball hard!" But I liked my version better.)

Good times right there. There is no announcing crew that is worse than Tim McCarver and Joe Buck. Especially after Sunday Night NFL left ESPN. Guess I just can't wait until FOX forces that crap on national television again. I'm thinking an Eric Foreman "Yay" is required.

2 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are we talking current announcer crew? Because then MAYBE i'll agree with you, though you've never seen the Milwaukee Bucks home telecasts. [Make your Bucks jokes...now.] But I thought we already decided the worst sports announcing team of all time was Bill Walton and Steve "Snapper" Jones?

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Jason said...

I guess I have to try again to explain the Clemson-Wallflowers bit. You're exactly right - they haven't accomplished anything and will forever live in the shadow of Dad (Bobby Bowden). That's the whole point, right there.

And hey, at least McCarver didn't call it "a great PIECE of hitting," because nobody has ever figured out what that meant

 

Post a Comment

<< Home